Engine and Parts Manufacturer Warranty
The first thing that our customers should do is examine the crate/ package that the vehicle was shipped in and notate any and all damage upon delivery and mark it on their delivery receipt that is signed and given back to the delivery driver (this assists us in fighting for you and filing a damage claim with the shipping company). Take pictures! Our vehicles ship out in fantastic condition and most damage is the result of the shipping company. All vehicles sold on our website are covered by a 3 month manufacturer parts warranty that will be facilitated through VPS. Warranty coverage terms vary by manufacturer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. In addition, VPS offers a free 1 year warranty on the engine. Any external (non VPS authorized) repair labor costs, down time, towing or shipping charges are not covered under warranty. It is the buyer’s responsibility to have their purchased vehicle examined by a professional mechanic when diagnosing any issues with the vehicle, PLEASE KEEP ALL SERVICE RECIEPTS and provide them as proof for what parts are necessary for us to send.
Warranty Claim Circumstances and Parts
With ANY unit that is shipped in the crate, you will always need to make sure you do a full maintenance PDI on your vehicle to ensure fully working condition. AKA, Checking the bolts, fixing any defects, assembly, etc. Most dealerships charge anywhere from $100 to $500 to do this for you, so you never realize anything was ever wrong. In reality, the dealership checked all the bolts, cleaned the carb, replaced any factory defects, changed the spark plugs, oil, filled the unit with gas, maybe went through a battery or two. This is what needs to be done with any shipped crated unit because you have avoided this charge by getting a crated unit shipped to you. For a list of what might need to be checked before starting your unit, please visit our maintenance section in the FAQ’s. In order to protect your warranty, you encouraged to have a licensed mechanic put your unit together and save the receipt paperwork that will be submitted with the documentation. If you are a licensed mechanic, you must provide a copy of your license when submitting the paperwork.
The 12-Month manufacturer warranty (and extended optional warranties) is provided by the manufacture, NOT Variety Powersports, and starts from the date the product is received. Variety Powersports will handle all warranty claims between the manufacture and the customer. Variety Powersports is NOT responsible for any damages or defects and customer agrees to follow all manufacture procedures and policies for filing a claim to warranty a product.
To file a claim, you first will need to diagnose which part you need; then, in the warranty section, click on File a Claim. This is the ONLY way to file a Warranty Claim. The manufacturer is the SOLE determiner if something is to be covered under warranty because any damages or defects is the manufacturer’s responsibility, NOT Variety Powersports. The 12-Month manufacturer warranty (and extended optional warranties) is through the manufacturer and is simple.
- No Wear and Tear items are covered under warranty; see the full list below. After 30 days, only the motor is covered under manufacturer warranty for a period of 2 additional months, unless an extended warranty is purchased at time of initial purchase. Transmissions are not covered under warranty.
- All warranty parts must be mailed in by the customer for replacement. The manufacturer will ONLY cover shipping back to the customer. Variety Powersports is NOT responsible for ANY shipping to and from the customer and the manufacturer.
- The warranty does not cover vehicles that are raced, modified, and not properly maintained.
Every person who buys a vehicle from Variety Powersports needs to read the FAQ section provided by Variety Powersports to find correct maintenance details and troubleshooting. This will explain all the maintenance that needs to be performed and will explain how to keep your vehicle in tip-top shape.
All products sold by Variety Powersports are guaranteed to be fully functional or in working order at the time of sale and delivery by the manufacturer. If the product received is not in working order or is damaged at the time of purchase or delivery, make a note of the damages to the shipper or carrier and file a warranty claim with Variety Powersports within 48 hours of delivery.
Our warranty is in effect ONLY under these circumstances:
- When your unit arrives, you need to do a delivery inspection with the driver to inspect your unit for any shipping damages. If there are any damages, note the damages, sign for the deliver on the delivery receipt, and make the driver sign it as well. This is required so we can file a shipping claim for any damaged fenders, etc. Do NOT refuse the unit, this will hinder our ability to help you because you will be responsible for the returned shipping charges and any resending charges. Nine times out of 10 there, the issue simply is just a fender that is needing replacement, NOT the actual unit because they are packaged very well.
- If you need to file a shipping claim, do so under our file-a-claim within 48 hours of delivery, this time frame is required by the shipping companies for claim acceptance. We will file the claim and send any parts within 4-8 business days.
- Uncrate your unit and assemble it. This should be done by a factory mechanic to ensure proper assembly. Read our warranty policy.
- If you have any issues starting your unit, go to our FAQ section and read about diagnosis issues, Ninety-nine percent of the time, it’s always something simple.
- If you find that there is a defective part, then take a picture of the part and file a claim. You will need the picture of the part for us to replace it, this per the factory warranty policies. Usually parts are sent out the in a couple of business days, in most cases
The only parts your warranty excludes are:
- Spark Plugs
- Crash, Accident (Operator Error)
- Unauthorized Outside Repair
- Clutches or Transmissions
- Grips, handlebars, etc.
The warranty is manufacturer defect, meaning the product could not have been broken due to customer use or abuse.
Warranty is void in the following circumstances:
- Extreme riding, racing or competition ridings
- Vandalism or thefts
- Accident; at fault or not at faults
VPS Extended Warranty
Extended warranty will work the same as Manufacturer Warranty and will apply from date of delivery and end at the end of the extended warranty period provided. The extended warranty will cover the engine and parts with the following exclusions:
- Wheels (tires and rims)
- Unauthorized and/or unlicensed repair/assembly
- Standard wear and tear on parts including (but not limited to): Batteries, Body Parts, Brakes, Spark Plugs, Throttle grips, Hoses, Fuel lines, Brake lines, Filters, Brake & Clutch, Levers, Light bulbs, Seats & upholstery
Warranty is void in the following circumstances:
- Extreme riding, racing or competition riding
- Vandalism or theft
- Accident; at fault or not at fault Any external (non VPS authorized) repair labor costs, down time, towing or shipping charges are not covered under warranty.